Friends with benefits, also called FWB, is hard to define whether it’s a dating relationship or friendship. Maybe it’s somewhere between the two kinds of relationships. People who are involved in friends with benefits scenarios are knowing each other, where both parties engaged in intimate or sexual activity in a no committed way. A friends with benefits relationship hit in the people who are tired of conventional commitments and expect to escape from the negotiations, arguments, and tolerance for expectations. Like sugar relationships, this kind of FWB relationship is no-strings-attached, even not romantic, but more and more people enjoy exploring such casual fun.
Contrary to popular belief, there are bouncing numbers joining the Fwb dating community to discover local friends with benefits relationships. Reasons on this matter vary from person to person, there are some different reasons why FWB relationships work for some people.
1. We live in an internet age where various dating apps and sites allow us to find a date by swiping left or right to catch the alluring one. But it’s difficult for us to know each other better, let alone to genuinely explore their desires and make deep connections.
2. With the rising divorce rate, we can find that people are starting to care about their inner world, who they are, what they really want, what kind of lifestyle really fits them. Or they just want to escape from traditional commitments, such as arguments, higher expectations from others, living pressure.
3. It’s a safe way for people to explore sexual fun with trusted friends if they are frustrated with current sex and dating life.
4. Friends with benefits can be an alternative way for people to evolve into a real dating relationship when they have strong romantic feelings for a friend.
People involved in friends with benefits relationships are enjoyable and relaxed as they are going to explore sexual fun with someone they trusted. In FWB relationships, both parties should not impress one another so that things can be kept casual. However, things changed as different people have different expectations. For instance, one person may have strong romantic feelings for another person, so he or she may want to establish more serious relationships. While another person prefers to stay friends with benefits relationships or expect to explore casual sex fun with others. Things changed if people have different expectations.
When you ready to enter into friends with benefits relationships? Ask yourself those questions:
1. What do you expect from friends with benefits relationships? Whether it’s romantic relations, physical fun, or casual sex.
2. What will you gonna do if your friends with benefits relationships change or end?
3. Will your friendship change if it becomes FWB relations?
4. What protection you should do in friends with benefits relationships to protect your emotions and physical health from hurting?
5. What should you do if your partner wants to end the friends with benefits relationships with you?